WHERE THE FARMHOUSE AND THE DOGHOUSE ARE ONE AND THE SAME

Friday, April 22, 2011

I Need a New Word

I need a new word for "chicken."  Miles' favorite toy is his chicken.  We play fetch every day with his chicken.  Every day I tell him, "Go get your chicken."  Then, I throw it, and he brings it back so we can play tug with it for awhile before I throw it again.

Chicken
 
Chickens
 
Now there is a whole house full of "chickens."  Soon, when their fence is built, there will be a whole yard full of "chickens."  See the problem?

Miles Giles

4 comments:

  1. Well I am sure Miles would gladly fetch one of the feathered Chickens too ;) Doesn't matter what you call them, that is a hard thing for them to resist. Plus miles looks like he needs to upgrade from people furniture to plus size giant chairs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just too easy...use the Australian slang for chickens...chooks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy. My husband wouldn't let me buy that same toy for our dogs because he was afraid they'd associate the words. Problem with us is they think all birds are called chickens. I like Hazel's idea of "chooks". Good luck!!!
    Staci

    ReplyDelete
  4. We call ours woobies! That hasn't helped with our husky who has an incredibly strong prey drive and wants to kill anything that has wings...now she just thinks all birds are WOOBIES too... :)

    ReplyDelete