WHERE THE FARMHOUSE AND THE DOGHOUSE ARE ONE AND THE SAME

Thursday, April 7, 2011

April Greenhouse Tour

The greenhouse is quite possibly the most dynamic place on the farm.  Not only does it nurture hundreds of plants that are constantly growing, dying, or sleeping, but I'm also rearranging it on a near-daily basis.  (See sidebar for a complete list of what's growing on in the greenhouse.)

View from the North side.  Far right: hops.  Center: tomatoes, eggplants, peppers, and lots of other stuff.  Far left:artichokes and lettuce.

Ben's mother gave us this old bathtub  last summer.  It has been very useful.  It's currently home to about one-hundred rooting blueberry whips.

 A view from the South side.
One the far right, beside the hops, there are two more beds of rooting blueberry whips.

This stand came with the greenhouse when Ben purchased it.  I love it.

 Another odd artichoke.  Its first set of true leaves just can't bear to separate from one another.

 The most handsome tomatoes I've ever started.

In the foreground we have eggplants (to the left) and peppers and poppies (to the right).  In the middle are my tomatoes, and the orange tree is poking up way in the back.
I mowed the lawn yesterday, and I'm paying for it today.  My allergies are killing me.  My whole head just hurts.  I am a prisoner of my sinuses.  Why do I continue to pay $30 for a bottle of Claritin for minimal results at best?  If I can gather up enough strength and fight through the fog, I hope to continue painting the hen house today.  If not, I'll spend the whole day worried about all the things that aren't getting accomplished.

3 comments:

  1. Everything looks so good. Green and alive. refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I feel like a spoiled brat. I don't know how I've gone all these years without the greenhouse. It has always been one of my top 5 wants in life.

    ReplyDelete