WHERE THE FARMHOUSE AND THE DOGHOUSE ARE ONE AND THE SAME

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Blooming and Growing Strong

The dogwoods are in full bloom.  We have two in the yard (one in the human yard and one in the dog yard).



Our apple trees are blooming. This is only their second year, so they're still pretty small.

 Cox's Orange Pippin bloom

We won't be getting a harvest until next year (okay, I've eaten a few while working), but the asparagus is coming up like crazy.

This spear is about to put out ferns

The nasturtium says, "I'm ready.  Move me to the garden!"Ans I did some of that today.

This is the second round of lettuce in the greenhouse, also ready for the garden.

 The salvia is going strong.

Next week will be super-duper busy.  I'll be transplanting hundreds of seedlings.  Today I began easing into this by transplanting Bells of Ireland, Butterflyweed, Milkweed, Nasturtium, some artichokes (as ornementals), Morning Glory, Cardinal Vine, and Ruby Moon Hyacinth.  I was a busy little bee.

No comments:

Post a Comment