WHERE THE FARMHOUSE AND THE DOGHOUSE ARE ONE AND THE SAME

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Grilled Pizza

I saved out some of the pesto I made a few days ago to freeze and made grilled pizzas with it.  I have to admit that every time I grill pizzas instead of baking them in our clay oven, I feel like I'm cheating on her.  Nothing compares to a pizza out of the earth oven, but the grill is faster.  I don't have to plan the meal as far in advance with the grill as I do with the mud oven.
Anyway, it was delicious!

Place dough on a hot grill (no oil needed).

 Remove from the grill when the bottom is browned.  Flip over so that the uncooked side is down.

Add toppings.   This one has pesto, pepper cheese, roasted tomatoes and roasted red onions.


Put the topped pizza back on the grill.

 Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment