WHERE THE FARMHOUSE AND THE DOGHOUSE ARE ONE AND THE SAME

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Up Close and Personal: The Kitchen Garden

 Amish Snap Pea

 Amish Snap Pea

 Amish Snap Pea

Bottom to top: Elephant Garlic, Georgian Fire Garlic

Brandywine Tomato

Pingtung Long Eggplant 

Detroit Dark Red Beet

True Gold Sweet Corn

Lettuce Mix

Lettuce Mix

Wisconsin Lakes Bell Pepper

Scarlet Nantes Carrot

Earliglow Strawberry

 Imperial Star Artichoke

Borage

Grandma Einick's Dill

Jewel Nasturtium

America Spinach

Sugar Baby Watermelon

Giant Double Flowered Zinnia

Amish Butter Squash

The garden and animals are all healthy and happy.  What more could I want?

Our sweet potato slips arrived last weekend, so I think I'll be putting those in today.  We ordered 200 Beauregard slips from Johnny's.  We planted them earlier in the spring last year, and a lot of them got damaged by frost.  I think it's going to stay warm from here on out, so these guys should be just fine.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I cannot wait for my surplus to start coming up!! I've got asparagus, rhubarb, carrots and lettuce so far.
    Staci

    ReplyDelete