WHERE THE FARMHOUSE AND THE DOGHOUSE ARE ONE AND THE SAME

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Flowers at Fat Bear: What's Blooming

Besides all of the fruit and vegetable plants that are adorned with blooms, here's what's up:

Bees love Borage. 

They just can't get enough of it.

Grandpa Ott Morning Glory 

 Heavenly Blue Morning Glory

 Giant Double Flowered Zinnia

Jewel Nasturtium 

Cardinal Vine

 Dill, a great beneficial.

I'm obsessed with butterflyweed.   It's not quite there yet, but so close.  I planted this from seed, like all the other bloomers. 

Butterfly Delphinium 

Mikado Poppy

Snap Dragon 

Violet Blue Salvia 

Coreopsis, also a bee-favorite.

Rose Queen Cleome 

Bells of Ireland.  It's a shame they're not perennials.  The smell is intoxicating, and they last over a week as a cut flower.

So much is in bloom right now that I'm sure I left out some stuff.  I'm really looking forward to seeing the Red Milkweed flowers.  I hope they'll be covered with Monarchs!

No comments:

Post a Comment